• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling stump with M108

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had an OLD cedar tree/bush blow half way over. Cut the main trunks, and got the stump out with the M108. Took some wiggling, and had to winch myself out of the stump hole, but I got it! Sucker is really heavy, compared to other weights I've picked up, I'd say 5 tons.

Had a heck of a time steering... front tires were barely on the ground.

Dennis

Attachments

Last edited:

fordlotus

Is that a rear winch on the m108 in the middle picture that is recessed? I've been trying to learn more about the difference between the m108 and the m60. I found something on the internet that said the m108 has the truss beam rear suspension. I bought one recently that looks almost identical to yours but doesn't have the square cut out in the rear of the bed. I'd hate to modify the truck but a rear wich would sure be useful. If it is a winch, is it hydraulic or shaft driven?

Thanks a lot,
Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks