• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulse Tech 24V Solar Chargers, which is the correct one for MEP-803A ?

Jeff H

Which Pulse Tech 24V Solar Charger is the correct one for MEP-803A?
Yes I know they all may work, but which exact one did the military install on the MEP-803A?
If the one the military used was not the best one, which one is the best one?

735x640 6130-01-487-0035 24V Pulse Solar Charger ?
735x643 6130-01-497-0964 24V Pulse Charge Monitor System ?
735x150 6130-01-392-8347 24V Solargizer ?

or another part number ?

Jeepadict

Ladies and gentlemen, Light in the Dark sends another one deep, deep into Center Field!!

I have NOCO stuff charging/tending 3 motorcycles, 2 backup batteries, a Powerwheels ATV, and in all 3 of my vehicles with the same surface port in the front bumper...absolutely primo stuff. They also make some nice portable solar panels that have very good manners. I've only ever had one charger go bad, a 7500 that lived plugged in and hooked up to my 4K Onan backup generator...and it was plugged in constant for over 7 years. The 2-bank Light mentioned has been superceded by an updated newer better stronger faster mousetrap that's also (conveniently) more expensive.

@Light in the Dark I'm interested to see where your preferred install locations are for these two kids. I was inclined/planning to use a lightweight slave terminal plug with the 24v Battery Tender (linked below) but now that you mention the NOCO stuff I'm seriously reconsidering drilling a big hole in the outer case of my 802 for the plug. (Might even break out the rattle can of Tan to make I match) If you have some pics of stuff you've done I'd really appreciate to see them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First machine I did it on, the location of the input was basically to the side of the water fuel separator. I don't recall who, but someone on SS had done something similar with this input but in a different location.... so thats where I started putting them consistently, in the small panel towards the bottom front of the machine.

Untitled.jpg

I don't have a mounting position currently for it, but you are only limited by your imagination where it can go. I will probably mount one up again this spring on my own unit (I have finally settled on one for myself... it was always changing based on what I had here).

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't mounted them yet.
They are a pair of wall wart Battery Tender chargers I had laying around so they are just plugged into the AC inlet and laying on the floor of the skid.

Jeff H

Thank you all. Yes I will probably buy the two output NOCO charger.

But in the interest of research I am still interested to know which exact Pulse Tech part number is the correct, or most commonly installed by the military.

Jeff H

OK I will answer my own question
"TACTICAL QUIET GENERATORS USE 24 VOLT PSC, NSN 6130-01-487-0035" which is Pulse Tech part number 735x640

Also
"RESERVE UNITS HAVE THE OPTION OF INSTALLING THE PSC WITH PUSH-TO-TEST ON TQGS"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks