• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulse tech solar

Mikei998

I added this kit to my m998 and I’m not sure if I have it right. Looks pretty straight forward instructions. All circuits work both 12 and 24 . My issues is the box that allows you to check your battery status doesn’t light up . Also not sure if the solar panel is producing energy to the battery.
Also there’s an led inside the fuse box That’s supposed to blink stating the battery is being pulsed and that’s not blinking . Anyone install this setup on there truck ? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Wire Fox

I have the same exact setup inside my HMMWV. Things to note:

It will pulse the battery with or without solar power. The solar cell is just there to provide enough energy to keep the energy load neutral. (Smaller pulse-only systems will only pulse with solar power.) It will not pulse if the battery voltage is low. As well, the battery meter may not display anything if the charge is too low. My old batteries had just enough energy to start my HMMWV, but wouldn't run anything on the maintainer circuit due to its internal protection.

Of course, you'll also want to re-check your wiring. The only critical leads are the positive 28V lead and the ground lead. Be sure you've connected them to the appropriate battery terminals. The positive 14V lead will be critical if you're using any of the 14V circuits, but is not used for the battery meter or pulse charging.

If after you test everything and are entirely sure its wired correctly, I would look at replacing the PDU itself (gray box). When I found my system, the gray box was the cheapest and most common piece. That solar panel is the most expensive and rare piece.

skaz76

I added this kit to my m998 and I’m not sure if I have it right. Looks pretty straight forward instructions. All circuits work both 12 and 24 . My issues is the box that allows you to check your battery status doesn’t light up . Also not sure if the solar panel is producing energy to the battery.
Also there’s an led inside the fuse box That’s supposed to blink stating the battery is being pulsed and that’s not blinking . Anyone install this setup on there truck ? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Let us know how it goes, just picked up the same one, havent had time to install it yet. Out of curiosity where did you mount the solar panel?

SSGHillbilly

W

(SSG HILLBILLY) -Where do you purchase these chargers from? How much do they cost $ ??

Wire Fox

Let us know how it goes, just picked up the same one, havent had time to install it yet. Out of curiosity where did you mount the solar panel?
I mounted my panel to the hood in front of the air intake. It will flex just a little small amount to match the hood curve, so I applied RTV to the back of the panel, pressed it in place, then put heavy blocks on it overnight until it fully setup. It's rock solid and I was happy to not have more holes in my hood than necessary.

The PDU is in the stowage area beside the battery compartment. Again, I used RTV to hold it down so that I could scrape it out if I decided I hated the placement without another set of holes being left behind. The cables are just about the perfect length there for the terminal hook-ups and there's a lot of space for wire management.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks