• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PulseTech accsessories?

Scuffy

Howdy all! I'm getting around to checking things out with my 998 and I got curious about the PulseTech unit in the battery box. I was a bit surprised to see that most of the unused leads/taps still have juice flowing in them, the few that don't... well I haven't checked the breakers yet so that could remedy the problem. At any rate- I had a couple questions about the setup...

The twist cap style, weather proof "bullet connectors" as they call them... I've never seen them anywhere else before. I really kinda like them and considered getting a few to toss in my toolbox for special occasions. I tried searching the web for them and I'm not finding anything that comes close to matching, at least using their term for them. Is there another title that they go by? Are they only made for PulseTech and not sold aftermarket?

I made up a Pelican style box (small Apache case from HF) with 4 cigarette lighter style outlets on it (run through a fuse block), Anderson Power Poles for radios (also run through a fuse block), and a power switch on it to prevent battery drain. I was going to use one of the sealed, silver 24v-12v buck converters for power to feed it. But knowing that I have a couple 12v leads that come off the PulseTech unit, that work just fine, is it worth running the power off of this? I need to check to see what the breakers would be rated for as the fuses for my radio are 25amp. Or is it just better to go with the buck converter?

If the buck converter is the better option- I'm assuming it best to run off the front battery and not the 24v take-off of the PulseTech?

papakb

I use a 60 amp buck style converter in mine. Always good to have some reserve. I once called Pulsetech and their tech support was next to useless!

Mikei998

Got a pulse tech box in mine and it works great . Also have the larger solar panel for it. The only thing I have an issue with is the battery meter doesn’t light up .
everthing else works fine . The fuses are not cheap but available. Nice thing about it is you can run 12v and 24v Off it.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They use circuit breakers that can be reset. Simple work around is to replace the breaker with a plain ole automotive fuse.

The connectors I think are from the marine world.

The 12/24 box with leads was specifically designed and made for the HMMWV. The circuit board in it also is used to desulfate the batteries. I believe it also does this function without the solar panel installed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks