• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pumpless!

mangus580

My pump is just plain toast. The motor spins, makes alot of noise. The impeller just binds up. I have tried many things to make it work. Time for a replacement.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I've used a leaf blower pointed into the gals filler to get a motor working when the fuel pump was busted, just so you know. :)

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered a new in-tank pump. It arrived with a 3 amp, slow blow(?) fuse in the block. It looks like it's put together pretty well, but I'm not sure where it was manufactured. It's not quite as sturdy looking as the one I pulled out, which could be original, if not, pretty old. Still not sure if I should goop the gasket and screw threads, or not.

I put the new pump in, reconnected everything and, "Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" Every now and then I guess you just have to reach into the old wallet. Sure is nice to hear that pump run! The only thing I discovered along the way is to check and set the height of the pump along the hanger BEFORE you spread the gasket sealer all over the mating surfaces. Other than that, a fairly easy operation.