• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchased a Deuce

Tlauden

Well, Just got back from Colemans.... Bought me the Deuce!!!!!:shock::razz::razz::razz: I called them before Went there, they pulled it out and had it running ready for me to take a test spin around the yard. well i guess that just pushed me over the line from wanting it to needing it! well after a forty min test drive:oops::driver:(on their property) i managed to get it stuck on a muddy hill, engaged the front drive and away she went. The mechanic showed me around the truck and did point out a half dollar sized hole in the exhaust right below where it goes through the fender. no big deal. The air system held pressure right about 90PSI the whole time. Engine temp gauge said it was running a little hot (200+ degrees after my drive) The mechanic said thats not right and we popped the hood, took the rad cap off, and the fluid was warm. no where near 200. (yes i felt it so i know he wasnt lying). Generator gauge stayed in the green the whole time. Fires up real fast, holding the button about 3 secs she will fire up.

I stalled it once :oops: oops. Shifted to soon going up hill. And shifting down into first kept getting me, grinding is not a pretty sound:shock::oops:

Sorry for such a long post, But its my first deuce! And I gotta thank EVERYONE here on this site for all the great info, You all let me be able to drive this earlier without looking like someone who has no clue what there doing.

Sadly it wont come home with me until the end of March/Early April. Im giving them a good sized down payment to hold it for me, then once my income tax check gets here it will be 100% mine. In the mean time they will get a tittle for it, they are going to send in the paper work to the state ASAP,

Info from the Data Plate, can anyone encode this to find any additional info from these numbers??? J/W

ID No. 04J-02869-0325-21347
Stock No. 2320-077-1616
Contract No. DA AE 06-68-C-0007

Last edited:

rocks512

You mentioned that you had a hard time shifting to first gear without grinding. First gear does not have synchros so you must be completely stopped before shifting it into first gear or reverse. I usually come to a stop, shift to second and then drop it down to first gear and it never grinds.

Congrats on your first deuce!:-D

AGE|kshaufl

Sweet. The heater is a plus too.

Get a replacement Temp Gauge and Sending unit though.

I have heard that Coleman's is a great company to deal with. Glad to hear you had a good experience too.

Donald Poppell

Congrats on the good looking truck.

I just got my first Deuce a couple of weeks ago. So much to learn about it.
Been crawling all over and under this fine green machine getting familiar with it. Lots and lots of reading to do. ("A MUST")

Tlauden

AGE|kshaufl: You are correct, they are a great bunch of folks, what they did for me today i believe went above and beyond. Especially the pay half now, and pay half later part.

and Donald Poppell thanks, trust me ive been reading all i can bout these fine machines

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tlauden , look up CARNACS 2011 vin info thread and supply the infomation in the format he request . Nice truck

Tlauden

Thanks everyone! I had wanted to ask 1 quick question. There is a pipe, I believe it's referee to as blow by? It had exhaust like smoke coming out if it, not much but it was noticeable. I could have sworn somewhere on this forum I read a good workout of the truck might correct that problem. And the trucks been sitting a while also. Might this correct itself or is it something I should keep an eye on. And I searched using the search and didn't turn up and relevant results

roscoe

Thanks everyone! I had wanted to ask 1 quick question. There is a pipe, I believe it's referee to as blow by? It had exhaust like smoke coming out if it, not much but it was noticeable. I could have sworn somewhere on this forum I read a good workout of the truck might correct that problem. And the trucks been sitting a while also. Might this correct itself or is it something I should keep an eye on. And I searched using the search and didn't turn up and relevant results
Search "slobber tube". I think thats pretty normal as its venting "slobbering".

Smokinyoda

Congratz!!! Looks nice!

My first was also a non-turbo... but once I heard a "whistler" I had to have one.

Luckily my wife understands my addiction... so far

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks