• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PURCHASED HMMWV WITH NO MODEL YEAR ON DOCUMENTS - TEXAS

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Yes, before it was issued.
Okay, I already have an SF-97 in hand with no year on it. Different situation!

Looks like I will be going to Texas Facilities Commission tomorrow to get them to have the SF-97 revised by GSA. If they won't, I'll exchange for a different M1097R1 and make sure it has a year stamped on it.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Going to be getting a revised SF-97 with it as a 1988 according to the original build date, not the refurbish.

That made my insurance with collision $51 a year with full coverage. Mush cheaper than the M1078!

:cool:

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to be getting a revised SF-97 with it as a 1988 according to the original build date, not the refurbish.

That made my insurance with collision $51 a year with full coverage. Mush cheaper than the M1078!

Great! If your in Texas, give us a hollar if you need anything else. Feel free to join Texas Humvee on FB.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$51 a year full coverage? that does not sound right.
What was your agreed value?

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
$51 a year full coverage? that does not sound right.
What was your agreed value?
$4,500 value.

Everything is good. It is probably because it's my second vehicle on the policy. Like I said via direct message, I like what they had extra for the M1078 & didn't play games with extra VIN digits.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$4,500 value.

Everything is good. It is probably because it's my second vehicle on the policy. Like I said via direct message, I like what they had extra for the M1078 & didn't play games with extra VIN digits.
I had 2 HMMWV's with full coverage and it was $1100 a year, both had 25K coverage but that still seems too low for full coverage.
I have one now and it is around $600, still 25K coverage.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I had 2 HMMWV's with full coverage and it was $1100 a year, both had 25K coverage but that still seems too low for full coverage.
I have one now and it is around $600, still 25K coverage.
Maybe because you have $25,000 in coverage? Your insuring 400% more than me. Also, you may be in an area with higher insurance?
One of the biggest factors with insurance calculation besides the driving record is credit score I've found. If you move close to the top, insurance rates drop a LOT. Everything went down for me since then.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe because you have $25,000 in coverage? Your insuring 400% more than me. Also, you may be in an area with higher insurance?
One of the biggest factors with insurance calculation besides the driving record is credit score I've found. If you move close to the top, insurance rates drop a LOT. Everything went down for me since then.
I have not had an accident or ticket in over 20 years and have a perfect credit score, and I live in a low loss county, I am going to give them a call and ask what the heck...

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

That is insanely cheap. Are you sure that company is not located in Nigeria? LoL
Here in the Banana Republic, You could not get a bicycle insured for that.....

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Not sure what to say. It is what was quoted to me after inputting the information. They called me yesterday evening to confirm everything & it's now on the policy 100%. Hagerty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks