• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchased my first MV, an M109A3 today!

sail-bum

Purchased a M109A3 from a private seller. It needs some work, like a top and wipers, but i am looking forward to it. I hope my wife looks forward to it also! Sorry for not many pictures, I did not think the transaction was going to happen so I did not shoot many. But I am happy with the price for what I got, I may hate myself later but for now I am good.:jumpin:

Attachments

sail-bum

By the way. I know it has plenty of rust and things that need work, but did you notice the 11 NEW with stickers still on them T831's?

ctmustang

I noticed those tires-probably outlast most of our trucks. There are some nos hardtops for sale somewhere and seems like they are asking 1000-1500. Maybe you can contact the individual and cut a deal as I don't think they'll sell to many at that price. Definately make a cool camper/mv.
Have fun, CT

Jimma

Cool Truck. If you dont need a hard top contact Clinto on here and he can sell you a brand new vinyl top in either tan or camo top at a good price.

sail-bum

I contacted him already, and since he is just up the road that is the most likely choice. The frame set is what I am lacking, anybody have one knocking around that they want to get rid of?

Srjeeper

Welcome to the wonderful world of 'OD Addiction'. Your in a great location to find others with the same affliction and tons of knowledge to help with whatever problems you encounter.

That means there's two things ya need to get done rather quickly.

1st. Hook up with a local MV club and start pitchin in
and getting to know folks.

2nd. Make your driveway three times larger than it currently is. The first MV purchase is the hardest. All that follow (and there will be more) get progressively easier & less stressful.

:grd:

Last edited:

sail-bum

Yes it does run, starts right up. No brake leaks, minor leak at what I am thinking is the injector pump. It has both the cab and box heaters, boarding ladder etc. It also appears that all of the suspension control arms were replaced recently, they are OD and have no rust on them. I am assuming that is the only way to change the bushings, and not that there was structural damage on it.

Sr. I wish I could make my driveway bigger. I live in a subdivision, this will only be at home for weekends and such. Most of the time it will stay at work, a perk to the job.

zout

Sail Bum - whatever you do - do not bring your wife around some of the members 109's - you will be working every free minute you have.:cookoo:

Congrat's on the new MV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks