• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchasing a battery for the Deuce and a Half

Preacherboy

I drove mine 550 miles home on my recovery, I did need batteries which I purchased from Wal-Mart (65D) for $77 each. I did definately take a chance, I took lots of tools and fluids but when I got there the truck was in great shape. Oil full, radiator full, held air, brakes worked and stenciled across the front of the hood "slave cable starts". It drove great and I did have proof of insurance and the bill of sale with me and someone following me home.

Thanatos123rd

What condition code was your Deuce in? There are four available for the upcoming auction in Indianapolis, IN. The conditions are HX though. Has anyone bought a Deuce from GL with an HX code?

Thanks for your support! :beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please take a few hours and read the threads(yeah, all of them) in the Deuce and GL forums. All your questions have been covered .

NEVER believe the descriptions on GL. Inspect the item before bidding or be sorry. That's reality.

Now get reading. :deadhorse:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What condition code was your Deuce in? There are four available for the upcoming auction in Indianapolis, IN. The conditions are HX though. Has anyone bought a Deuce from GL with an HX code?

Thanks for your support! :beer:
Yes, I've bought several HX trucks. Some were in great shape and others were basket cases. As has already been said, pay no attention to the codes. If you want to be sure you get a good truck, inspect it in person before you bid. That's the only way to know what you're getting.

bugwugger

I myself am going to purchase one soon. I also thought about the auctions, but what are the final prices out the door. Alot of auctions have final price. Plus a fee! Im scared also. But dont want to pay the overprices.

Thanatos123rd

From what I've seen, they vary. Some go out the door as cheap as $1300.00 and others sell for $2800.00. It really depends on the condition of the deuce when you go visit the lot. I'm an absolute novice though. I'm currently in the market for one. From what I've read so for on the forum, there is a huge amount of experienced owners. I am glad to be a part of Steel Soldiers. The experience and knowledge base is incredible!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how many cold cranking amps should I have in my batterys I I've in up state ny where it's cold as **** and my two 600 cranking amp batter's are not cutting it in 4 degree out
Get the 2 correct 6TL's and be done with it. Cold and under rated batteries will burn your starter out .

M.C.A.: 1010
C.C.A.: 825
Minutes @ 25 Amps: 215
Length: 10 1/2” (267mm)
Width: 11 7/8” (302mm)
Height: 9” (229mm)

Last edited:

onemanarmy

I was looking around for batteries, and in a pinch....wal-mart has group 65 batteries with a 3 yr free replacement warranty with 850 CCA for $94 each

not bad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks