• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchasing a "Deuce"

Swede

Can I make an appoint to go look at all, or do I have to have a list of Trucks,things I want to look at? And after settling of auction, what are the usual costs to get the truck home, and on the road (thats saying the truck is road ready). Thank you for your time.

Swede

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes you need a list of the items you want to inspect at GL. Getting a deuce home from auction will run anywhere from $50 up to thousands of dollars.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swede,

Here in York/Red Lion area. Crazyguypa is also here in town.

When previewing I give at least one sale/lot number and then just look around. I've spent hours going over stuff, but they kind of know me by now. Need to appear as though you have a plan and aren't going to waste GL's time. Especially at Mechanicsburg.

Depends on how you have the truck registered. Assuming it's running and road ready you'll spend between 400-600 bucks getting the thing titled, registered and inspected to use as a regular truck. For now I have mine registered as a class 6 as opposed to class 8 to keep costs lower and these were my costs. Registering at a class 8 will add 150 bucks I think. This can be somewhat cheaper if you title it antique. Doesn't include insurance or recovery fees. From Chambersburg to Yoe/Red Lion area Douglas equipment is cheapest we've found so far at 500 bucks. Mechanicsburg is about the same. Douglas equipment is located in Loganville on the adjacent to the east side of I-83 exit ramp.

So that's about 1000 bucks right there. There is almost always something wrong for inspection with these. Could be simple like a windshield wiper, but there is at least something minor it needs to pass regular PA inspection. Just because you can drive it home from Chambersburg (not necessarily recommended) safely doesn't mean it will pass inspection.

Just some hidden costs to think about. I'm probably low.

Swede

Thank you. Just have to twist the misses arm to get one. I told her it would be great to go shopping in...

beaubeau

Good luck finding A Deuce Sweede! I'm waiting for papers on my 2nd from Chambersburg. I've been running mine all winter making $$ hauling Equipment locally. The Heater and Defroster work great too! I only pay $15.00 for registration here in N.H. I pay something like $550.00 for insurance per year.. Good luck Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks