• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchasing a M109A2 SHOP VAN TRUCK

Back92A

Hello,
I am looking into getting M109A2 SHOP VAN TRUCK. I am not a mechanic or anything, I am a paper pusher, supply type person. What do these go for? I have driven them and worked in them and always liked them. Thanks. Brian

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got mine for 2400, it was advertised for 3500. Prices vary alot. Location and condition are big factors.

acetomatoco

You need to get the manuals and then read em in bed and decide if you want to get your hands dirty... They are 40 year old vehicles and need a lot of TLC. Coveralls, gloves, a creeper and lots of fluids...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Condition is another factor that will directly affect pricing. I paid $6,000 for an M109A3 (pics attached). It was very nice (rust free, airshift, very good tires, new cab top, fresh CARC paint). I will also add that I bought this from a dealer, not a private seller. I can't say one is better than the other, but the former will usually give you some type of warranty. If the truck you are looking at does not have all of the things I mention above (rust free, airshift, very good tires...etc.), you can subtract from the $6000 price and see where that gets you. I'd say if you can get a truck for $3500 or less you will have done VERY WELL. My guess...and it is only an educated guess...is that you will probably pay in the $4000-5000 range. Good luck.

Attachments

jasonjc

M1075 said:
There were several sold on GL at Fort Riley last week for under $1000. They might require a little work, though.
I think only 2 went under $1,000 the rest were under $2,00 thought I think.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a nice M47 Jeff. I tell you this though, it wouldn't be unmolested for long here at my house. It would have a multifuel in it the firts week.

Opie

M109A3 WO/W two years ago from a private seller for $3,500. Air shift, -1C turbo multifuel, fresh paint in the van body.

FrankUSMC

I got mine for $1,920 at the GL sale, air shift and hard top. After recharging the batteries it fired right up and every thing looked great!
Down side, it was a great truck till the day I picked it up. GL guys used a forklift to push the truck ripping off the new brake lights and bending the tial light brackets....it goes down hill from there. My wrecker driver side swipes a tree on my farm ripping off one of the BRAND new windows on the van body. So, it was a great deal till I picked it up.
One of the few. Frank USMC Ret

Back92A

Thanks all for the input, I need to gather cash now I guess. On GL there was the one I used to drive in Little Falls Dave what are you asking for thee truck? What would it cost to get to MN?
Brian

We have a really nice one for sale, air shift,new top, excellent tires, PA title, turbo, clean!
http://www.easternsurplus.net/346.html pic below too

also a good van body we can move over to any of our trucks

Thanks
Dave Newman
www.easternsurplus.net

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check under the bed for rust. If the body has leaked via defects or rust at the top, the water gets in the walls and rots the wood, and then also gets under the floorboards and rusts the sheetmetal under them. I rejected several 109's upon seeing that.