• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchasing M1008 at GL

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$1000-3000 Inspect in person, before bidding. Look underneath for forklift damage. Be warned, dealing with GL is not usually a pleasant ride.

dunedigger

I just won one last week. I overpaid for it bigtime but I'm really after a drivetrain for my dune truck. I'm still waiting for the EUC to clear. I won a M1028 and there doesn't seem to be very many coming through here in Michigan anymore. My biggesst problem was I can't kill a good truck so I didn't want one I could get running again so I got a basket case. There was a guy bidding at the end that cost me double what I would have paid. Keep in mind gl gets 10% seller fee and tax added to total cost.

ABN173

My winning bid $1900, Daily ride, even took it on a Rally just over 200 miles (there and back)
Been driving it since March the only thing I have done besides add troop seats was change the oil and check fluids. My two cents:

1. PREVIEW before bidding or at least get somebody you trust to preview it for you.
2. Use bid assist, figure what you would be willing to pay and enter that amount as your max bid. Then don't watch auction until its over that way you are not caught up in the last minute bidding war.
3. When it comes time for the EUC process hope for the best but expect the worst, there will most likely be revisions. Attempt to be very patient when dealing with GL reps When you get a e-mail from somebody working your EUC just go with what they advise/direct.....because if you call them odds are they won't answer the phone so when you get on chat another person may give you different advice after consulting the EUC team then when you resubmit the first person will again e-mail saying "since you now checked this box you need to do XYZ" Ask me how I know:-D Anyways good luck lots of information to be found here!
Oh on the bright side it makes filing taxes seem enjoyable!

rofl

Attachments

Last edited:

troop2865

My siuation is like Dune Diggers. I really don't want to tear up a good truck. I only want a good set of axles to swap under my M715. I have seen a few where engine and/or body parts are missing, but the axles are still under the truck, so I was hoping to get one of those. I appreciate the advice. I am signed up with the GL, just haven't bid yet. Thanks again.

troop2865

Looks good. That sounds like a really good price. I have been following some others. Did you purchase this one on your first bidding attempt, or did you bid on several others?

troop2865

I have been looking for the axles, but the few sets I have found have been priced high - my opinion. I thought if I could find a truck, I could take the parts I need, maybe sell a few, and scrap the rest.

hughscpa

I saw one for sale just down 127 I belive outside of Greenville. I don't recall if it had a price on it though. That has been a few weeks back. I haven't headed that way lately.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got two CUCV M1008s at a state live auction this past week, trucks were NOT at the auction. Got the first one for $25.00 (plus 150.00 auction fee, etc total of about $250.00) and the second one, a complete running "flintstone floorboard" truck, for $100.00 (plus 150.00 auction fees, taxes, etc. for a total of about $350.00). Two minor drawbacks, the first one was at a state prison for recovery (hour long round trip) and the second was at a state mental hospital (10 hour round trip) Already sold the first one for more than the cost of the trailer rental, fuel and cost of the two trucks combined. Keeping the second one to fix a third one. Just have to keep your eyes open.
Then again, got a M1008 from Ft. Meade, picked up yesterday, bid price was $964.00 An almost complete truck minus alternators, batteries, door glass, tail light bezels, all lighting ends cut and removed, wasted seat and dash, but a rust free 21,000 mile fixable truck that also needs a starter and will see the road again. too much time on my hands.

Attachments

ABN173

Looks good. That sounds like a really good price. I have been following some others. Did you purchase this one on your first bidding attempt, or did you bid on several others?
Not sure about Cucvfreek's win, but mine was my first time buying from GL.

A-line

My siuation is like Dune Diggers. I really don't want to tear up a good truck. I only want a good set of axles to swap under my M715. I have seen a few where engine and/or body parts are missing, but the axles are still under the truck, so I was hoping to get one of those. I appreciate the advice. I am signed up with the GL, just haven't bid yet. Thanks again.
I purchased 2 Hurricane trucks for this. Cheaper because everybody was not running the bids up. Yes salt water was in these, cleaned and new fuilds put in and I am running these today with no problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks