• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PURest Air Dryer constantly purging/leaking

Ronmar

I am having the same issue with the air dryer purging about every 30 sec with the old style. I then read through the TM and it said replace the air governor because when I take the control line off I feel air coming through (when line is off no purge) so I Put a new governor on with no change and since i want to upgrade to the newer style like yours. I installed the Haldex PURest air dryer today and I still have the same issue. so after soaking all connections with soapy water everything showed tight but still have the issue.

Could the new Governor be bad because I still feel air coming out of the control line when unhooked?

Other possible issue in my haste to beat the incoming rain I switched the main line form the governor with the wet tank link so basically running air backwards through the dryer I notice this mistake after about 45 sec of no air pressure building on the gauge. do I need to rebuild the purge valve thinking messed something up internally.

any support apricated
sorry to drag up an old post but it appeared to be closest to what I am experiencing
When you say control line are you referring to the line connected to the purge port on the dryer? You have a large airline in from the compressor, you have a large airline out to the wet tank and you have a small line in from the governor. When the governor sees its set pressure in the tank and unloads, it sends air down that little line to open the purge valve. When the governor again starts sending compressed air to the dryer, it removes that air from the purge valve so it can close and send dried air along to the wet tank. So if you disconnect the line to the dryer purge, and it has air coming out of it, if you then open the wet tank valve and drain all its air, the governor should see the pressure drop, call for more air and stop sending that air to the purge valve line… if that happens, then the governor sounds like it is doing its job.

you put on a new governor, did you adjust it to unload at 125 PSI in the wet tank?

you said soaped all connections, did you soap EVERY connection and line on the truck? You didn’t say you were constantly purging, you said you were purging every 30 seconds or so. You only get a purge/woosh when the compressor unloads, and that woosh is only for a second or two as the dryer vents the air it has stored in a particular spot to back flush the filter and dryer media. if it does that every 30 seconds, then it sounds like the compressor is cycling on and off every 30 seconds in response to a large air leak on the truck… y0u can unscrew the wet tank valve and screw in a pressure gauge to observe what the wet tank pressure is doing and properly set the governor to 125PSI.

hearing leaks with the cat purring is VERY difficult. You can connect a shop air line to the front red glad-hand. This will fill the air system without the engine running. Make sure you are on level ground with the wheels chocked as this also releases the parking brakes just as if the vehicle was being towed…
I listen first, then I feel(touch every fitting and line) and then I bubble… cycling every 30, should be a leak bad enough to hear…

Khann

Steel Soldiers Supporter
General you are correct I should've started a new thread
Ronmar I did the test on the governor you suggested and it does appear to be working
This coming weekend I will connect a gauge to the wet tank and hook up shop air and look for a leak

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks