• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Push Button Head Light Switch...... Dash Lights All The Time!

Ok so I put in a push button light switch last night and it worked great other then the fact that the dash lights are lit all the time. Every other function worked but still dash lights lit. I put in the 3 lever switch and it worked fine..... I put the push button back in and dash lights lit..... Any ideas?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the panel bright or panel dim blue led lit as the dash lights have a separate control? For no dash lights, there should be no blue light except service drive, parking, or stoplight.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the world of the POS digital switch that likes to cause problems and wiring fires no matter how well it is grounded.. Do yourself a favor and remove it and put the tired and true 3 lever in.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just for the record, I like my digital switches. Oldest has been in for 6-7 years-no issues.

Jeepsinker

Why replace something rugged, simple, and reliable with something that is not? I thought rugged and simple at least was the point of these trucks. Come on Dan...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Idk what the deal is..... must be a internal short or something.
I'd say it is a internal short. I guess if you're good with electronics you could probably repair it if you're dead set on keeping the push button.

I'm one of the push button haters. I had one and loved it until my truck caught fire. Luckily I was in the truck and saw the flames coming from under the dash. I burnt my hand pretty good trying to get it unplugged and the fire put out.

I know there are people that swear by them and have had good luck with them. To me it just isn't worth the risk after my experience. Just know that I'm not the only one this has happened to and you are taking a greater fire risk over the three lever. We all take risk in life though so it's up to you if you want to keep the push button or not.

w3azel

It's the same switch we find in most of the MRAPs. I have never heard of them starting on fire and we used those trucks everyday and had hundreds in our unit. Could be a bad batch is out there on the cheap. I would tear into this one and not leave it as is, especially if guys are saying they can create a fire. Also if you do could you post some pics of the internals.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the same switch we find in most of the MRAPs. I have never heard of them starting on fire and we used those trucks everyday and had hundreds in our unit. Could be a bad batch is out there on the cheap. I would tear into this one and not leave it as is, especially if guys are saying they can create a fire. Also if you do could you post some pics of the internals.
It's because the early ones had issues-period.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks