• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Push button headlight switch?

WildernessJeep

Does anyone have any experience with the new push-button headlight switches? My headlight switch is out and I need to replace it. Trying to decide if I want to do the upgrade, or stick with factory.

1597353370588.png

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have any experience with the new push-button headlight switches? My headlight switch is out and I need to replace it. Trying to decide if I want to do the upgrade, or stick with factory.

View attachment 808955
Stick with the 3way switch. The pushbuttons have ground issues and have no problem burning the whole truck to the ground when it happens

WildernessJeep

Okay, so I replaced the headlight switch last night with no joy. Replacing the headlight switch made the clearance lights work, but the headlights are still dead. I've got no juice at either headlight. I don't think I have power at the high beam switch, and the high beam indicator light does not light up on the dash (known good bulb). All the other lights on the truck, including black out, are fully and properly working now.

I took the old switch apart, and it is clearly burned on the service light position which indicates a short somewhere. Where would you start looking for the problem?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Okay, so I replaced the headlight switch last night with no joy. Replacing the headlight switch made the clearance lights work, but the headlights are still dead. I've got no juice at either headlight. I don't think I have power at the high beam switch, and the high beam indicator light does not light up on the dash (known good bulb). All the other lights on the truck, including black out, are fully and properly working now.

I took the old switch apart, and it is clearly burned on the service light position which indicates a short somewhere. Where would you start looking for the problem?
The breakers on the firewall above the motor. Make sure you have power to them. Also check for burned pins at all connections on the switch and at the hood plug

WildernessJeep

The breakers on the firewall above the motor. Make sure you have power to them. Also check for burned pins at all connections on the switch and at the hood plug

"Breakers on the firewall above the motor". You mean the control box with the two starter solenoids in it? or something else? I cleaned all the pins and sprayed them with contact cleaner.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
"Breakers on the firewall above the motor". You mean the control box with the two starter solenoids in it? or something else? I cleaned all the pins and sprayed them with contact cleaner.
No. There are 2 little black boxes with 2 plugs. Between the pcb box and governor

They are About the size of a can of Vienna sausage

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks