• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put A muffler on a Deuce

DuecesWild

Summit Racing sells QTP (Quick Time Performance) electric cutouts. They go up to 4in. I dont even think cable operated cutouts even go up to 3in. If its to loud then your to old. LoL, I love saying that to people.

tm america

holy big expensive muffler batman:roll:my muffler cost less than 50bucks and fits under the exhaust shield if you didnt know it was they you couldnt tell.electric cut outs are cool but they are for 12 volts

DuecesWild

holy big expensive muffler batman:roll:my muffler cost less than 50bucks and fits under the exhaust shield if you didnt know it was they you couldnt tell.electric cut outs are cool but they are for 12 volts
I don't know diddly about electrical but can't you put in a fuse or jumper or whatever to convert it to 12volts. I assume you can do something like that.

GoHot229

Muffler

Put A muffler on a duece?

That takes away half of the fun
Not to dissagree, but some of us prefer the quiet afforded by the NAPA muffler because of the ability to drive longer and have less noise fatigue. I know alot of guys want the whistle, and some would amplify that sound if it were possable, but the Deuce has enough Brutish presence as it is, I guess it all comes down to personal prefferance. I'v had it both ways and personally prefer the subdued exhaust note of a muffeled Deuce It provides a slightly less amount of attention, though the Law around here has no problem with my Deuce. Could have something to do with knowing a fiew Officers and sharing family events with them that avails me a bit more leinency or plain old 'He's cool let him go'

joeypushjr1

hey does anyone have a youtube vid of there deuce muffled i would actually like to hear a difference .. up close and in cab sound.. id never put one on myself but i like to hear the difference.. just out of curisioty

SEAFIRE

Both of our M35A2's have mufflers, but we had the exhaust re-routed under the truck M35A1 style.
It's made a big difference in noise, we can now hear the radios and such. Don't get me wrong, its still loud, but a quieter than it was. :-D

One of our trucks was a non-turbo originally so we just removed the military "muffler/spark arrestor" and ran the exhaust back from there with 3.5" exhaust pipe. Incidentally replacing the smaller non-turbo exhaust pipe with bigger pipe made a difference in performance, but we ended up putting a turbo on it a few months back anyway.

Here is the drawing we gave the muffler shop:
I know the first drawing is for a non-turbo, but it gives you an idea.

Attachments

Last edited:
Revisiting this post to throw an idea out there?

I want to keep a 100% stock look but want some mufflerage:

How about removing the exterior stack and opening lengthwise (longitudinally) with a plasma, then replicating the NAPA type baffle system on the stock stack....mig welding her back up, grind the welds flush and repaint?

Kind of the best of both worlds-like the available inserts and the NAPA muffler combined?

I am going to order the muffler and cut it open and give it a try....its only $$$ and time.

Thoughts?

vinny-socom1

Revisiting this post to throw an idea out there?

I want to keep a 100% stock look but want some mufflerage:

How about removing the exterior stack and opening lengthwise (longitudinally) with a plasma, then replicating the NAPA type baffle system on the stock stack....mig welding her back up, grind the welds flush and repaint?

Kind of the best of both worlds-like the available inserts and the NAPA muffler combined?

I am going to order the muffler and cut it open and give it a try....its only $$$ and time.

Thoughts?

I cut the pipe behind the exhaust shield and installed a "cherry bomb" muffler, painted it black and put the shield back over it. You couldn't see the muffler but it was there!! sorry no pics

Vinny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks