• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put my M818's winch to work!!

70deuce

The Denver area had some real nasty westerly winds last night. Anywhere from 70 to 95 MPH gusts. Unfortunately the 95 MPH winds fanned a small wildfire up by Fort Collins into a 2000 + acre house burning mess. Down here south of Denver we ONLY had 75 MPH gusts. The wind took down a good section of our western facing 8' sectioned fence snapping the fence posts off at the concrete bases. Time to do some major reconstruction and want to use the same holes. Used the M818's front winch to yank out the old concrete "slugs" the fence posts used to be anchored with. Dug down about 8" around each one, put a chain around the concrete and hooked em up to the winch and at idle popped them boys right out of the ground. I did soak the holes a little with water to loosen up the dirt. One of those suckers was about 2.5' long and about 18" in diameter as shown in the pictures. Note the snow we are getting today. April Colorado weather, 84 degrees yesterday shattering a 76 degree high record. 65 degrees this AM at 1000. 1330 you can see what happened.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks