• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put new style LED's on my M923 but...

dieselsmokem35a2

Hey Guys,
I recently updated the side marker lights and tail lights on my M923A2 to the newer LED's. They look and work great....but...Today I finished up and put the front turn signals on and they quit blinking when I throw the blinker on. They just glow steady. Put the old style back on and they worked again. Seems I had a similar issue when I tried to upgrade mu F-350 to leds. They quit blinking too so I switched back. I thought I read somewhere that the LEDs draw less and cause the blinker to not work. I know there is a fix for this but not sure what it is or what to do. Anyone out there have any bright ideas...:p??? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen the fix in another thread on here. I might be wrong, it was in reference to 809 series trucks, but I think you need a newer style control box. I've been looking for one myself, but I don't know the difference in part numbers.

R Racing

You need to add a resistor 3 to 6 ohm 50w between the power to bulb and ground to mimic a bulbs resistance to make it flash. so 1 resister per side if memory serves me right.

CanonNinja

I had the old solid-state flasher, and swapped to the newer one, and also snagged a new turn signal lever, and now my LEDs work great. My temporary fix was to remove the bulb from the switch and manually flash it. but that got old quick :?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What the P/N on the new flasher units? I never know if I'm looking at a new one, or an old one, and the parts dealers I've see that have them don't distinguish old from new.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced both the lever and flasher unit with B/N parts before I upgraded to LED. The whole system works fine. Got the lever and flasher from Erik's.

Flasher:p/N 11613631, alternate numbers 10500721, 3R9830, 5589004.
NSN 5945007893706

Signal lever: P/N 11613632-1, D8800, 943764, NSN 6220009286163. Also for applications using 11613632, MS53051-1, 8683533, 5593142, 8683556, 11613632-3, NSN 6220008086072.

Hope this helps...

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced both the lever and flasher unit with B/N parts before I upgraded to LED. The whole system works fine. Got the lever and flasher from Erik's.

Flasher:p/N 11613631, alternate numbers 10500721, 3R9830, 5589004.
NSN 5945007893706

Signal lever: P/N 11613632-1, D8800, 943764, NSN 6220009286163. Also for applications using 11613632, MS53051-1, 8683533, 5593142, 8683556, 11613632-3, NSN 6220008086072.

Hope this helps...

I am having the same problem

I just ordered a new lever and flasher from Eriks

I will start there and hopefully it fixes the issue

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am having the same problem

I just ordered a new lever and flasher from Eriks

I will start there and hopefully it fixes the issue
Did you take the bulb out of the turn signal?

Flasher is grote # 44010 at napa Or you can buy a standard one at any autoparts store and wire it in.

Last edited:

74M35A2

I've been on here so long, I'm now starting to forget things. But, if I remember right, after an LED upgrade if you simply remove the indicator bulb on the signal lever, I believe it works and flashes correctly. I think you just need to change that bulb as well to LED and then it all works. Try that before swapping out the flasher box.

Ajax MD

I've been on here so long, I'm now starting to forget things. But, if I remember right, after an LED upgrade if you simply remove the indicator bulb on the signal lever, I believe it works and flashes correctly. I think you just need to change that bulb as well to LED and then it all works. Try that before swapping out the flasher box.
It makes sense. It changes the impedance in the entire circuit but of course, you lose the ability to know if your signals are operating without getting out of the vehicle. It is possible that replacing the BA9s incandescent bulb in the turn signal lever with a BA9 green LED, that you can have your cake and eat it too. The BA9 LED will not have anywhere near the resistance of the old incandescent bulb.

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok so I am still chasing this blinker issue

I installed the new signal lever and flasher

Now the green light on signal lever blinks and front turn signal lights blink correctly

Rear taillights still do not blink, they just stay constant on brake lights

Not sure what next step would be

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Attachments

charlesmann

you ever get the turn signal issues squared away? iv thought of doing it too, a lil further down the road, i hate chasing spark and dang sure don't want to go through your headache. did you replace with military style led signals or a civi counter part?

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you ever get the turn signal issues squared away? iv thought of doing it too, a lil further down the road, i hate chasing spark and dang sure don't want to go through your headache. did you replace with military style led signals or a civi counter part?
I purchased new military front LED signals and rear tail lights (they weren’t cheap)

So currently with the light switch turned to service mode, both front and rear lights and signals work correctly.

when the switch is turned again to turn the headlight s on, that’s where I am still having an issue with just the rear signals not blinking, just constant brake light on.
The front signals work though, very strange

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks