• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put on my top!

TheBuggyman

I had this top I got from Bruce a while back and today I decided to tackle the project-alone. So, what do you think? I had no instructions or help, did I do it right?
I did not put the rear curtain in yet as I need easy access.

Attachments

M1075

Looks great Buggyman! Is that the original bed? It looks very high in the second pic and I don't see any camo paint on it. I didn't know you could daylight through there!

mangus580

Re: RE: Put on my top!

M1075 said:
Looks great Buggyman! Is that the original bed? It looks very high in the second pic and I don't see any camo paint on it. I didn't know you could daylight through there!

Might have something to do with his dump hoist ;-)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eddie, I think it looks great. I take it the top is just as I said it would be. :D The rear end curtain gets mounted just as the front did. Man, its nice to have new hardware to work with.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With regard to it being the original bed, I am almost positive it is not. The mounting hardware was all recent and, as you noted, the paint on the bed does not match the cab of the truck. Great looking truck, Eddie!

TheBuggyman

Thanks! The bed is 2" higher due to the dump hoist, but where you can see light through are the original cross sills! I do not know if it is the original bed or not, I think Bruce told me it was not. It is a USMC truck and has the ISO container connectors in it so I assume it is the correct bed but maybe not the original bed.

I probably should not assume......

TheBuggyman

Thanks Bruce! Yeah, that top and hardware was just like the day they packed it! There was paper still between the bow corners to keep them from rubbing. Everything was there, even the little straps to roll up the sides and tie them off.

Thanks again, everything was PERFECT!

My only complaint - that thing is heavy!

acetomatoco

The 900 series body has the taillights integrated... on the 800 they hang underneath... I had one just like that sans lift from the Mass NG Fort Devens a coupla years ago... RAM (Oh yeah.. it had 1100 rubber...not the Marine Corps super singles.. R)

TheBuggyman

acetomatoco said:
The 900 series body has the taillights integrated... on the 800 they hang underneath... I had one just like that sans lift from the Mass NG Fort Devens a coupla years ago... RAM (Oh yeah.. it had 1100 rubber...not the Marine Corps super singles.. R)
So that is a 900 series bed on my truck?

dma251

That looks awesome! It looks like your top went on same as mine. At least all your tie-down ropes lined up with the hooks. Mine are all off.

I don't think it's specifically a 900 series bed. I think it is just the ISO bed they put on all the USMC 800 series trucks when they put the lockers and fording kits on. I think they all got upgraded with this stuff at somepoint. That's what I hear anyway.

The bed is cool, I just bought a plasma cutter so I can cut my taillights into the back of the bed like yours.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: cargo cover

Bunching. The rope is only so long so after you snug it, you will need to bunch the tarp in the corners up top. Takes a little while to get it looking right but you will. After you get it close, retighten the rope and finish it off. As far as the deuce, there is a section covering folding the tarp. I've always followed that and marked the front so that I could just toss it on a center bow and start unfolding it. They fall right into place that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks