• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put on the Spin On Filters Today!

dabtl

Put the jatonka spin on oil filters today. They look good and the oil pressure seems to come up quicker. A neat installation.

Now, if only John would make spin on secondary fuel filter adapters, it would be a snap to change the filters. Hint! :)

dabtl

I will try to take some tomorrow. If you have not gotten them yet, do so. You are kind of new here, so they have been photo'd before. Just look great and for eight full hours have worked fine.

I will let you know how good they are in a couple of years. :lol:

OD_Coyote

dabtl said:
Put the jatonka spin on oil filters today. They look good and the oil pressure seems to come up quicker. A neat installation.

Now, if only John would make spin on secondary fuel filter adapters, it would be a snap to change the filters. Hint! :)
dabtl - I bought a set of spin-on adapters from jatonka too, but I have not installed mine yet. Did paint the adapters before you installed them?

dabtl

OD_Coyote said:
dabtl said:

dabtl - I bought a set of spin-on adapters from jatonka too, but I have not installed mine yet. Did paint the adapters before you installed them?
I just put them on all nice and shiny. Kind of like putting a nice necklace on a lady to doll her up. :wink:

McVeyMac

RE: Re: Put on the Spin On Filters Today!

dabtl said:
OD_Coyote said:
dabtl said:

I just put them on all nice and shiny. Kind of like putting a nice necklace on a lady to doll her up. :wink:
One could argue that it is a little like lipstick on a pig.

I guess I would paint them.

dabtl

They came with the gaskets to adapt the fittings. The filter is better than the older ones and the flow rate is unchanged as I under stand it.

Pressure seems to come up quicker due to the filters holding the oil rather than it draining into the crankcase when stopped.

dabtl

The old filters simply drain back after the engine stops. These hold oil after the engine stops. Anti-drain back, I suppose you could dall it. At any rate the filters do not have to refill every time the motor is started to have pressure build up.

Good idea.

alphadeltaromeo

My spin-ons from jatonka will be installed this weekend. I just purchased the NAPA filters and will post pics of mine as well. The quality of the work is really excellent.

jatonka

And another filter available is Baldwin BT-124. It filters at advertised 12 Micron rating. The company tells it's dealers that it is a 10 Micron rated filter. Anti drainback is the correct term, dabtl. And I'll work on the secondary and final adaptors. John Tennis