• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put the crane to work today

m109guy

Good to see the Canadian iron still working hard ;)

We have an MLVW w/ HIAB crane and use it all the time. Plus it is a lot of fun to use :D

Stalwart

I used the crane on the HEMTT the other day for the first time. WOW, I think I'll can almost get rid of my forklift now. Now I just need to make or buy a pallet lifter . . .

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Cool. I've often considered replacing my tired old 5-ton wrecker with a deuce-mounted knuckleboom. Is that one of the HEMTT cranes from those HEMTT trailers that were surplussed off? If so, what was involved in mounting it on your truck? I bid on a few of the HEMTT trailers a year or so ago, but didn't win any.

Stalwart

Cool. I've often considered replacing my tired old 5-ton wrecker with a deuce-mounted knuckleboom. Is that one of the HEMTT cranes from those HEMTT trailers that were surplussed off? If so, what was involved in mounting it on your truck? I bid on a few of the HEMTT trailers a year or so ago, but didn't win any.
I have a 977 HEMTT, it has the stock type knuckle boom. I don't know where Damon found it but Leonard has the same one on his Baby HEMTT.

Steamynachos

This one came mounted on the truck from the army its a hiab 550/b. Pretty much just a civilian crane painted green you can see the orange paint in the scratches. and the box was shortened about 2 feet and mounted farther back.