• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put the Deuce to good use the other day.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Last week I noticed a tractor stuck in a fellows garden. Not wanting to be too forward, I waited a couple of days to see if he managed to get it out himself, but it was STUCK! Sunk all the way down to the axles. So I stopped by the fellow's house and left a note in the door saying that I would try to pull it out with my deuce and it's 10,000# winch, no charge, if he wanted.

A couple of hours later I got a call and, Yep! He sure would like to get the tractor out. I hopped in the deuce and went down the road and pulled into the field. He said that a neighbor with a tractor and a friend with a 4X4 had both tried and failed. I ran the winch out and he hooked it to the tractor. He got on the tractor and in about 10 seconds the tractor was out.

Pics follow.

Attachments

Blood_of_Tyrants

This is BOT's wife. We had a fun day off and we each got to pick something fun to do. I picked going to IHOP for breakfast, our daughter picked swimming and he picked getting that tractor out. He was so excited when the guy called. We skipped our other errands to go get the deuce. He was beaming when he got it out so easy with his truck. :grd:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Put the Deuce to good use the other day.

steelandcanvas said:
That was right neighborly of ya' :D
Winching can be fun!
And you can be pretty sure, one neighbor will never complain about your truck. Way to go. :wink:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Put the Deuce to good use the other day.

I think I've helped every neighbor on the street at one time or another. I wouldn't think of charging them either. Good neighbors are a blessing and I intend to keep it that way. Once you go through a few hurricanes the neighbors turn to friends real quick.

FreightTrain

Banned

Just on a safety note.....Keep a 2-4 car tires in the bed of the deuce.Run the winch cable though the middle of them before hooking.This way if the sheer pin doesn't work right and you snap a cable the tires will put a whoa to the wires and stop it from slapping the guy on the tractor or the guy in the deuce ro any bystanders.This also work on tow chains for those that don't have a winch.I have marks across my tailgate where a logging chain let go and knocked chunks of paint off and dented the tailgate.

tjcouch

Your next job should be helping him make a ROPS for that tractor!

BEASTMASTER

there wasn't something right there.the left rear tire was caked with mud, but the right rear tire wasn't.don't even look like it was spinning at all.maybe he didn't have the differential lock engaged.but gave you a good feeling didn't it ? yeh ,you know it did. i did the same thing one day for a guy,gave him my # and he said if anyone has a similar problem he'll tell them to call me. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks