• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Puttin in some gauges.

Got a water temp gauge in, placed an oil pressure gauge and two voltage gauges in the dash also, all where the dummy lights were. Put an oil temp gauge in place of the old voltage gauge. Had another temp gauge to place beside it, for the transmission, but it didn't work.
Figured out how to wire the voltage gauges. Hot is from the positive output of each battery, the ground is what matters, the front battery gauge to the frame or body, the back battery to the 12 volt hot lead on the firewall. Haven't wired them yet, and will do so through relays when I do.
I'm gonna have to look at the TM and see which wires were for what dummy lights, and wire them to LEDS, for the indicators, 4wd, gen1, and gen2.
I put red leds into all the dash light sockets , and all the gauges arew red led also.
I managed to break the speedometer needle , but rtv'd it back, and it's holding, so far. I also broke the shift indicator, but plan to fix it also.
Have to do some dash cutting tomorrow, and then rebuild and put in my front drive shaft.
Eventually I'll get to the old school stereo and EQ-booster I have planned.

Got the gauges wired. After pulling the gauge cluster about 6 times, I decided to wire each gauge with a four prong trailer plug. Works slick and easy to take apart. Had lighting issues with the dash lights and a signal indicator. Turned out to be the fact that I cut off some of the circuit board, including a ground circuit. I used a jumper wire to patch it, and away we go. Didn't get it together tho, it's almost 10pm, and I started making real dumb mistakes, wrong wires connected and such. The volt gauges work great, haven't warmed it up to try the water temp gauge, and need to put in the oil sender yet.
I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.
If anyone has a breakdown of the wires going into the circuit panel, it would be a great help. I'd like to rewire the indicator lights somewhere else, maybe the seatbelt, temp dummy light spot and such.