• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting a M1008 to work

tmuenster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had my two M1008's for a few days now. I have been reading a lot of posts here on the SS site. It is a tremendous resource. After considering the options, here is a list of upgrades I intend to do to my trucks to make them more useful for my purposes:

• Doghead relay upgrade
  • New 33" tires (No body lift requred)
  • Change all the fluids
  • New shocks
  • New Paint
  • New brake pads
  • Replace the dash pad, seat upholstery, add a stereo
  • Remove troop seats in bed of truck (Please let me know if anyone is interested in these parts)
  • Remove radio power module in bed of truck (Let me know if anyone would be interested in this part)

Thanks again for all the help and information,
Tom

Attachments

tmuenster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought I would add a few pics of my recent additions to the M1008. Here are the new 33" and a pic next to my other M1008 that still has the old tires.

Thanks for the tip on the steering stabilizer. I did add one along with new shocks. The tire shop recommended a very heavy set of shocks and I think something a little softer would have been better. It rides very rough now. However I think it will be great when I am hauling things in the bed and towing.

Attachments

wayne pick

I thought I would add a few pics of my recent additions to the M1008. Here are the new 33" and a pic next to my other M1008 that still has the old tires.

Thanks for the tip on the steering stabilizer. I did add one along with new shocks. The tire shop recommended a very heavy set of shocks and I think something a little softer would have been better. It rides very rough now. However I think it will be great when I am hauling things in the bed and towing.
They all ride rough, have fun!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks