• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting rear bumper on M35.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your truck have the bumperettes and pintle hitch? Seems to me that if you mounted it where those would normally be, it would sit more flush (beneath the bed more) and allow the tailgate to lower. What is your plan for brake lights? The bumper looks good, IMHO.

Edit: sorry, missed the part about your hitch in the first post. If you never use it, you could store it until needed.

gingwhaa

Does your truck have the bumperettes and pintle hitch? Seems to me that if you mounted it where those would normally be, it would sit more flush (beneath the bed more) and allow the tailgate to lower. What is your plan for brake lights? The bumper looks good, IMHO.

Edit: sorry, missed the part about your hitch in the first post. If you never use it, you could store it until needed.
I added brake lights on and kept the old ones too. The prius drivers can still see the old ones so they have four stop lights to see now. I think they might need six though.....

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a nice truck.

The PO of Goose the Deuce put one on the M135 to meet commercial codes in the North and it was handy. The foot hole on the side and the simple comfort knowing someone hitting the back of the truck wouldn't scratch the diff was enough reason to keep it. The tailgates are meant to drop straight down so I had a few regular forces boys pull the chains and drop the tailgate on the bumper before reading the SOP or TM. Additions to an MV must come with a new Standard Operating Procedure, SOP training and a Technical Manual TM, if you want to avoid mishaps.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EHS&S manager by chance?
I had to look that up....but no. We bid on gov projects so our safety training was similar to EHS&S through the Alberta Construction Safety Association.

The TM, SOP info is a direct result of Steel Soldier website training and the doggone encouragement to....in the very least....read the TM's.

When a mattech was just trying to be helpful by dropping my tailgate I realized a little proactive training and a small sign was needed, after the incident.

A little prevention goes a long way "DON'T TOUCH THE TAILGATE"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks