• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting the generators to work...

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know many of you, especially you FL guys, put your generators into action during emergency situations. This weeknd I got to put mine to use for fun and a good cause. The local school down the street had their annual fundraiser and a member of the PTA asked if I could run power at the event. I ended up deploying 4 units in total, two MEPs and two small Honda inverters, running inflatables, concessions and a PA system. All-in-all a good time and a chance to add some hrs to my newer machines while serving the local community.

Being walking distance away, loading up the truck didnt make sense, so I made two quick trips with the little tractor. I formed a small road train both times to get all the cables, gens, and distribution to the site. In the future, I may need to build a proper aux dolly for hauling all the extras.

20230930_072625.jpg

Generators deployed: The rental company didnt think a single 12kW would run all the blowers. The 803 didnt even flinch.
20230930_164930.jpg

The event was a big success and the school saved a few hundred dollars on rentals, which will go back to the kids.
20231002_225004.jpg