• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pyro gauge install

peashooter

Here is a gauge enclosure Ive made a few of. Most of them have been with 2 round gauges, some with just 1 round gauge, and some with 1 round gauge and the DIN32 Rectangle cutout for the small digital (& less expensive ) Auber Brand pyro setup.

It is really nice having the gauges right in front of you. If you do put in a pyro, I would be sure to somehow mount it to the steering column. Usually you can get the round gauge pods that will make that work easily if nothing else. I think some of the digital ones have built in alarms too that you can set and you will get a beep or something when the temp gets to a limit you set. They probably have some dry contacts that you can use also trigger a warning light. Here is a link to the Auber unit that I think lots of people use (I have no experience with it though): http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_21&products_id=147

Here is a link to some more pics of the gauge enclosures I make: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Build-Thread&p=1376644&viewfull=1#post1376644

Attachments

Bowtie70SS

That is a very nice piece. Normally when it comes to project cars/trucks I am captain upgrade, but in this case I am trying to keep it simple (for now). I am going to save that link for future reference it is a very good looking well built mount.

DeucesWild11

Thinking I may go ahead and add the EGT gauge, doesn't seem like too hard of an upgrade and it would be good to monitor the EGT's even though I have the non-turbo. Anyone recommend a standard unit with cable/sensor that will run on 24v or will it power itself? I heard both reading into this a bit. I know that if I want it lit up I will need probably 12v or just replace with a 24v bulb. I would like it to look similar to the other gauges.

Thanks again guys for all the knowledge, I love learning about these trucks..

TMNT

Here's what I did with my Pyro install:http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ka-Big-Betty&p=1115440&viewfull=1#post1115440. Search for "pyro" and "isspro" and there are dozens of threads about pyros and installations. I used a Isspro R17021. If you go with that gauge, you'll need the probe and the cable, ordered separately. The gauge is lighted and they have 24V bulbs for it. They sent me a diode to get 12V for the gauge power. I've had it for over a year without trouble.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Anyone recommend a standard unit with cable/sensor that will run on 24v or will it power itself?
The Hewitt Industries unit is self powered and the manufacturer will provide 24 LED lighting upon request. You can also select different dial background and LED colors. I chose a black dial with white numerals and red LED backlighting, to mimic the Deuce's OEM gauges.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks