• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Q: Can I mount a rear winch with this bumper and retain the receiver?

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yet another newbie question for the experts.

I was thinking of mounting a rear hitch on my M998, using part number 5340-01-485-5962, this Humvee m998 WINCH MOUNTING PLATE:

I have this bumper and receiver.

269906824_647393596283625_6293151783106746456_n.jpg

Will 5340-01-485-5962 work on the bumper I have and will I be able to keep the receiver with the winch?

If there is a picture of this mounting plate installed, please post. I searched but was unable to find one.

Thanks in advance!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are okay with the ball being a little higher, you could switch over to a pintle/ball combination hitch bolted on, and not have the 2" receiver down there, which would allow the rear winch to work.

Reactions: OBX

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess you could put a receiver where the pintle hook is now and use a longer "drop" hitch, as long as you don't need the hitch at the same time you need the winch and are willing to make any mods to your bumper that might be necessary.

Reactions: OBX

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you don't need a ball you could just put a pintle hitch on a receiver tube and nobody would know the difference. (unless they looked real close)

springer1981

The cable might come out just below the receiver and possibly clear if the ball and mount were removed but it would limit your cable angle to down only. It would not be all that useable IMO. I had the same hitch but have no intention of towing anything so I removed it and went back to just the pintle hitch. I can measure mine and get you the distance of the cable exit below the bumper if you want.

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can measure mine and get you the distance of the cable exit below the bumper if you want.
Thank you, but no need to measure. I'll just plan on removing the combined receiver / pintle unit I have and replace it with one or the other, probably a 2" receiver.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks