• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quad Cab CUCV?

QuickSilver

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a four door CUCV pickup until the CUCV II, however I saw one going down the road in SD today. Either I am incorrect about the lack of a four door model, or someone made a pretty good replica. I wish I had been able to get a photo...

K9Vic

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a four door CUCV pickup until the CUCV II, however I saw one going down the road in SD today. Either I am incorrect about the lack of a four door model, or someone made a pretty good replica. I wish I had been able to get a photo...

Easy to to, all you need is a donor M1008/28 to swap the parts around. With the right tools and shop, you can make it look almost 100% accurate as if GM manufactured them.

K9Vic

I think he means the AF trucks they use for base maintenance and such. They are typically the 1990s style trucks and painted blue.
They also used mid-80s trucks and were K20 4X4 6.2L Diesel, but not CUCV models. I almost bought one at a GSA sale two years ago, but I passed as I had already bough 4 CUCV trucks and did not have space or more money for it. I wish I would have bought it as it was really clean and would have made a nice clone.