• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quadruple HET Recovery

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
subscribed
Instead of making a single word post in a thread you find interesting. You can click on the thread tools button in the top right of the first post to be able to subscribe to the thread. [thumbzup]

roadkill150

Very cool to see the roadtrip!!.. I am so tempted to snap one of these up for the dirt cheap prices they are going for.. but what the heck would i do with it? I came close to pulling the trigger on an 8x8 Tatra when that pesky common sense kicked in. I'm afraid it would end up like my SEE and only get driven enough to keep the seals lubed.

1crook

Just curious, what was your top speed while towing? Also what is the normal top speed of a HET?

I know I have been tired lately driving my Dodge 2500 on the recovery trips that Clinto and I have made (went to OH and FL) due to weight slowing us down on return trips, but I cannot imagine how long of a trip this must have been. You guys have my respect. :driver:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious, what was your top speed while towing?
45 mph.

Also what is the normal top speed of a HET?
45 mph.

I know I have been tired lately driving my Dodge 2500 on the recovery trips that Clinto and I have made (went to OH and FL) due to weight slowing us down on return trips, but I cannot imagine how long of a trip this must have been. You guys have my respect. :driver:
I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but it isn't too bad. The HET is a vehicle that is actually pretty fun to drive at 45 mph.

1crook

I would have thought that the HET would go faster than 45, but I guess to have that type of hauling capacity you cannot expect much more than that. Good to hear that the trip was not that bad. These trucks are kind of growing on me. Might have to see about getting my CDL and getting one. Getting tired of the semi's blowing by me on the expressway on the long trips. If we could get the matching trailer, we could buy everything at GL!!! :wink:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have thought that the HET would go faster than 45, but I guess to have that type of hauling capacity you cannot expect much more than that. Good to hear that the trip was not that bad. These trucks are kind of growing on me. Might have to see about getting my CDL and getting one. Getting tired of the semi's blowing by me on the expressway on the long trips. If we could get the matching trailer, we could buy everything at GL!!! :wink:
The HET has planetary axles with a 7.36:1 ratio and a direct drive transmission, so even with the 16.00R20 tires, it is a slow truck.

Are there M1070 wreckers and/or ones with winches?
No wreckers, but that would be pretty cool. The M1070 has 3 winches.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Our credit card limit is the only thing holding us back.
A few years ago Bastardcard upped the limit on my business card to $35,000.00

I called them and told them to drop it back to $20,000.

The nice lady asked me why I wanted the lower limit.......I said "you don't know me very well....do you?"

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Behind the cab, a large one on each side and a smaller one below the big one on the driver's side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks