• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quasi CUCV Mini Mobil Man Cave gets an annex

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Got a heck of a deal on my former flight-line crew truck last week from GSA. But as the pictures show box was really faded and needed a face lift. Since I am tight with $$ I found I had a gallon of Rapco Sand. BTW don't use Dollar General masking tape, it is Krap with a capital C. Roughed up the old paint with a 3M wheel, wiped it all down with thinner then masked. On carc trucks I am a house paint guy but on gloss go with real paint. I think it turned out pretty good but did go back and paint the grill black with Krylon Fusion camo to give it a more tactical look. Got the aft red stick on reflectors but will wait a couple of days for the paint to harden before I put them on. I also think I will paint the box window frames black now that I have had time to look at it.

014.jpg015.jpgflightline truck 004.jpgflightline truck 002.jpgflightline truck 005.jpgflightline truck 008.jpgView attachment 451556View attachment 451554

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did Uncle Sam perform any of the typical PMD (injector pump brain) relocations on these?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep this one anyways.
Getting ready for the KAMO and GA Rallies and decided to add a little space to the rig. I have a bunch of NOS Temper vesti's but only two of the frame pieces, picked up some hooks vestible 004.jpg from Tractor Supply then drilled a couple of holes, bolted on the hooks and now have an area for a cook shack or Tiki bar in bad weather. vestible 001.jpg vestible 003.jpg vestible 002.jpg

It will look a little tighter if it was staked and has all the guy lines attached.

Last edited: