• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Queen Lola - plated and street legal

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I have a picture!

I took a whole day off to get it accomplished. Safety tested in the morning - no problem :grin:. She passed with flying colours. Right after, the flasher module started quitting and the (new) hand brake cable broke. Good timing!

The licensing office (Ontario MTO) was an absolute hassle. I had all paperwork in order - at least the stuff they had told me about when I had asked to ensure I arrive prepared. What they hadn't mentioned was that I also had to do an EMISSIONS TEST. (sarcasm start) Makes a lot of sense for a 35 y.o. truck (sarcasm end). Had to leave, pick up the truck again and get to a heavy truck testing location. The test is brutal...probe goes at the top of the stack and then the accelerator is stomped from idle to redline (till the governor kicks in). Do this nine times. I could not stand listening to it....I myself do not revv the engine past what is needed for 50 mph. The test measures the opacity of the smoke during acceleration. The tester has to mash the throttle; the machine does not accept gentle acceleration. It looks for the worst case scenario. This is all I am going to say about the test.

Anyways......all done....truck plates mounted..street legal and ready for my outings!

Attachments

Last edited: