• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

QUESTION: 6.2L Fuel Filter Base O-Rings

NMC_EXP

I want to replace the o-rings on the vent plug and drain plug on my 6.2L filter base (reference -20 TM, Sect. 3-17, item #5).

Searching here found several references to replacing these but no mention of the correct size. I spent the last few years at CAT working o-ring problems. I ain't right bright but one thing I know for certain is that with o-rings, size DOES matter.,

Anyone know the "dash size" of this o-ring and any others in the filter base?

Regards

Jim

NMC_EXP

Last year I replaced the fuel filter base when I changed the filter. Time to change the filter again. The vent plug oring is leaking slightly already. The TM says to replace the vent and drain plug orings every time the filter is changed.

Question: does anyone know the correct "dash size" for TM-20P, fig 18, item #5, p/n 27820, preformed packing?

Item #5 is the oring used for the filter base drain plug and vent plug.

It requires special equipment to measure an oring accurately. Plus, if measuring a used oring it may have either swelled or shrunk in service depending on the type of rubber. Install the wrong size and it is likely to leak.

I tried searching obsolete GM p/n's for 27820 and came up with an empty sack.

Regards

Jim