• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about a tool

NormB

[insert politician, actor or athlete here]...

Will be changing out stock 60A alternator for 200A 12/24V system soon(or or later) and bought a spare PS pump (on sale, thought it was a good deal and with a hydraulic winch I intend to get some use out of, probably a good investment) and was looking at the following:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N3461S/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_26?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

PS pump and alternator puller tool.jpg

Anyone know for sure if this will fit? I already have the installation tool (from a box set I got off the evil auction site this past spring), just not a removal tool.

Price seemed right.

Thanks in advance.

Norm

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, It is a saginaw pump. The stud threads into the internal pump shaft. The round ring collar is split and fits around the edge of the pulley rim and the other part is tightened to press it off the smooth outer shaft of the pump.

Last edited:

NormB

Those are not pressed. I thought it was just a nut and washer on a key way.
Ah, yes. You're right. It's been a while since I "played" with it, but I do recall the pulley sliding on.

The persistance of decay of memory continues unabated.

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks