• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about adding an electric fuel pump

superburban

Just a word of caution if you install an electric fuel pump in front of the mechanical one: If the diaphram on the mech. pump breaks, the electric pump will continue to pump and fill up the crankcase with deisel. Just be aware of that possibility.

I install electric pumps in all of my 6.2's and 6.5's, though. I usually leave the mechanical pump in place, but loop the supply and pressure fittings together, so that they stay clean inside. That way, if the electric pump ever gave me trouble, I can just "rearrange some hoses" and get back on the road.

tequilaiam

Just a word of caution if you install an electric fuel pump in front of the mechanical one: If the diaphram on the mech. pump breaks, the electric pump will continue to pump and fill up the crankcase with deisel. Just be aware of that possibility.

I install electric pumps in all of my 6.2's and 6.5's, though. I usually leave the mechanical pump in place, but loop the supply and pressure fittings together, so that they stay clean inside. That way, if the electric pump ever gave me trouble, I can just "rearrange some hoses" and get back on the road.
Can I ask where you connect the supply hose to bypass?
A)At the threaded fitting comming out of the pump
B) at the input nipple of the filter
C) Other