• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about Deuce TMs

saffy2yrs

I know the TMs are available for download, but I do better with hard copy books where I can highlight, underline and so forth.

Has anyone printed them all out and bound them, if so how much did it cost?

I have found some on ebay in a store(not an auction), but there is the plain technical manual of 342 pages, and then there are different ones like Scheduled maintenance 10-2 (44 pages) Maintenance 10-4 (64 pages) and Troubleshooting 10-3 ( 87 pages). Does that mean the 342 pages has the other ones mixed in the other 3 are just separated out for conveniences sake?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked once and think I got a quote of around 10 cents per page. I've found them cheaper watching ebay.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Woah, slow down just a bit and let me briefly explain the deuce TMs. There are a few different series of TMs for the deuce. Unless you're a junky, you don't need them all, at least in print. I always suggest the 361 series as there are only 5 books. I think there are 11 in the later 209 series. Here is the list.
TM 9-2320-361-10 Operators Manual, TM 9-2320-361-20 Unit Service, TM 9-2320-361-34 Depot Service. TM 9-2320-361-20P and TM 9-2320-361-34P are both parts manuals. The -20 I find to be the most usefull in print. What you can always do is print the sections you need at work and take them outside. If you trash them, just toss them.

saffy2yrs

I always suggest the 361 series as there are only 5 books. The -20 I find to be the most usefull in print. What you can always do is print the sections you need at work and take them outside. If you trash them, just toss them.
so are they readily available or is it easier to just print them at a staples or something?

Print out the sections you need as you need them. Most printers will print both sides of the paper. ( Some requiring manual help...) Then just use a 3 hole binder. If you mess up some pages - not unusual in a shop situation - you can always reprint that section.

ARYankee

When I was a newbie and got my first deuce, I printed out the whole operator's manual. I did it at work and it filled a 3" 3 ring binder. Now that was one sided printing. Now I just print out what I need when I need it. It is much easier.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

Woah, slow down just a bit and let me briefly explain the deuce TMs. There are a few different series of TMs for the deuce. Unless you're a junky, you don't need them all, at least in print. I always suggest the 361 series as there are only 5 books. I think there are 11 in the later 209 series. Here is the list.
TM 9-2320-361-10 Operators Manual, TM 9-2320-361-20 Unit Service, TM 9-2320-361-34 Depot Service. TM 9-2320-361-20P and TM 9-2320-361-34P are both parts manuals. The -20 I find to be the most usefull in print. What you can always do is print the sections you need at work and take them outside. If you trash them, just toss them.
Kenny, The Army updated these TM's in 2006.
TM 9-2320-361-10
TM 9-2320-361-24-1...(Supersedes 20 and 34)
TM 9-2320-361-24-2...(Supersedes 20 and 34)
TM 9-2320-361-24P...(Supersedes 20P and 34P)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, The Army updated these TM's in 2006.
TM 9-2320-361-10
TM 9-2320-361-24-1...(Supersedes 20 and 34)
TM 9-2320-361-24-2...(Supersedes 20 and 34)
TM 9-2320-361-24P...(Supersedes 20P and 34P)
I have those too and frankly, not impressed. The basic series seems easiest to negotiate for me.

steelandcanvas

I'm another one that just prints what they need. I find the paticular work package I need, print them, take them out to the shop and hang them on the truck with a couple of magnets. I can highlite, put circles and arrows on them, get them all greasy and toss them in the recycle/trash when I'm done.

DieselBob

I also just print what I need and take out with me while doing the work. I don't have to think twice about them getting trashed because I just toss them and print new when needed.

saffy2yrs

I do not currently have a truck and wanted something to read to give me a better frame of reference what to look at when/if I get one. For some reason PDFs drive me nuts when trying to read them on-line which is why I was thinking of hard copy.

Thanks for input on versions and specific codes for TMs

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce TM's

I bit the bullet and ordered copies off of Portrayal Press http://www.portrayal.com/

Here's a page to browse through for selection http://portrayal.com/manuals.html

The G749 M135 M211 etc, Early Deuce TM's are available as well as Bob Kettler GMC Tech Tips, which I highly recommend.

Not sure about the specific manuals everyone needs but if we all call there at the same time, we can ask for Patrick and run him off his feet.

We keep running out of paper at work so I have asked the staff to PRINT the TM's at HOME.

Attachments

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
They been making books in portrait format for 500 years.
PDF's are built in portrait not landscape.
Viewing PDF's in the landscape format is a pain.

Pages are taller rather than wider because of the ideal line length that is comfortable for reading by humans. The ideal length is 12 words per line. Anything longer than that not only makes it difficult to find your place when your eye scans back to the left of the column, but it also causes eye strain to scan so far laterally continuously.
An 8.5×11 page with adequate margins and standard point size font will allow for about 12 words per line, conforming to this standard.

The postcard format which was decided to be OK in the very beginning of all this puter stuff, like way back when it was decided that 64K memory would be all anyone would need ............... pre DOS 1.2

When one prints stuff it is in portrait mode and so is the pdf and the human is in PDF mode

So me,..., not wanting to go nuts, read it all as page.
The entire page presented on my portrait monitor without the stupid scrolling.
The ability to read the whole page at a time is light years ahead of scrolling thru stuff. I do not know why the general populace has not demanded portrait monitors.
They cost the same.
Some know them as pivot monitors, all PC windows supports them with zero problems.

Last edited: