• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about injector pump.

Mtrdrms

I am taking the cover off of my injector pump today and am hoping to find major blockage. My question is what do the shutoff solenoid and cold advance solenoid do in the injector pump do? Along with trying to get my truck running, I am also trying to educate myself here so I can help people diagnose problems in the future.

Andy

hobie237

The cutoff solenoid, um, cuts off the pump to shut down the truck. The cold advance solenoid advances timing when the engine is cold to speed warmup times.

Mtrdrms

So the cutoff solenoid is what the pink wire attaches to? If its not working, no fuel to the injectors. How about the cold advance solenoid? If its inop will the truck start?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Hey guys,I shut my truck off in the shop last night.Now it wont even try to start, no smoke ,nothing. I even gave it a sniff of ether,no go.Is there a fuse or something else to check to see if ip is in shut off mode.

Mtrdrms

From what I have read about this is the fuel filter housing and/or fuel lines can leak air into them and not leak out due the small vaccuum created by the return system. This can lead to empty fuel lines and no fuel for the moring start-up. Might be a good place to start. And as you said the shut-off solenoid may be stuck closed. Turn the ignition on and disconnect the pink wire at the pump. when you connect it back it should cause a slight click inside the pump. If it doesn't you may have a faulty solenoid. Also check the TM located in the FAQ for troubleshooting tips.

Andy

kennyw

Hey guys,I shut my truck off in the shop last night.Now it wont even try to start, no smoke ,nothing. I even gave it a sniff of ether,no go.Is there a fuse or something else to check to see if ip is in shut off mode.
If you can't get it to start on Either, you have issues other than an IP. Is the motor turning over slow? That would be the only reason a healthy motor could not start on either.