• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about mounting m105 frame on bobbed deuce

nstorke

Hello all. So I am finished bobbing me deuce(almost). But I have a question which is more based on looks but structural as well. I want to mount the m105 frame on top of the deuce frame as many have done but I have read anything about where people let it end. I want to cut it so that it will match up with the end of the deuce frame and have a flat look. Does this look better or does it look better to carry it out to the end of the trailer bed? I know this is opinion but I'm curious and if any one has pics that would be awesome as I haven't found many.

Ridgerunner

That's what I did with mine. I left the M105 frame mounted under the box for a little more clearance for bigger tires, and I can turn it into a dumper easy enough with the frame structure there.100_0141.jpg

welldigger

What sized tire are you using? 14.00-20s fit just fine under an m105 bed right on the deuce frame.

If your trying to use 16.00-20s then they won't fit up front anyways. You will need a lift. Which solves any rear clearance issues anyways.

welldigger

I need to thank Lieutenantdan for posting these awesome pictures of his bobber flexing out over a boulder. He's running 14.00's.
uploadfromtaptalk1404954404509.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404954416159.jpg

nstorke

Anyone have a picture of how someone actually mounts it. So the the wood strip and rig up brackets on the bed that align with the existing ones on the deuce? Then the spring bolts in the from and firm mounted in the rear.y

Yeah that is flexed out to the max I would say and idk if I would do it again lol.

I'm on 14.00r20's and my bed is raised up 2.5". I used 2.5"x2.5"x.250" tubing and bolted that down in the rear and then bolted the bed solid to that. No my bumperettes aren't flush with the gate and I liked it like that so that worked perfect. Then I took a 4x6x8 pressure treated beam and ripped it to 2.5" thick and did all the rivet clearance holes. I like the way it is mounted and I'm not going to do springs in the front. What I'm going to do is a chain on each side. I'm going to make a mount and the chain will hang down from the trailer bed and pin to the frame. It will have a little slack for on road movement but not much so the bed won't shift. When I go offroad I can pull the pin and the bed will float and the frame can do what ever it wants to do.

You can see pictures here
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?119736-LT-Dan-M35a2-Modification-Thread/page41

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks