• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about mrap style rims

Heyitsmike

So a while ago, I bought a set of 3 Michelin XML tires in 325/85r16 off a gentleman in Alabama. They were military take offs and were on 16" combat style rims. For the life of me, I have no idea what they are called because I can't so much as find a picture on Google of them. I'm fairly sure they were 16" and not 16.5" as they had the Michelin 16s mounted (unless someone forced them on, but I doubt it.) I'd like to know so I can possibly get some centers made so I can run the same tire, safer than the 6.5" rim I have now.

This is what it looked like when I bought it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429285528.722410.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429285541.533232.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
:ditto: Yep LAV rims, they dumped tons of these about 8 years ago. A lot of the M715, Power wagon guys snatched them up for the tires.

Heyitsmike

I never actually got them unfortunately, I had the choice of the rims or an extra XML so I took the tire, lol. In retrospect, thought it would be a better/safer/cool looking idea

Last edited: