• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about picking up a deuce...

jds15151

OK, does anyone have a hauler/transporter they would recommend? Preferably in the Tex/OK area? Reading all of these replies has changed my mind to having a truck delivered if I should win one.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jds15151 said:
OK, does anyone have a hauler/transporter they would recommend? Preferably in the Tex/OK area? Reading all of these replies has changed my mind to having a truck delivered if I should win one.
Whoa now! Not what is intended by such replies. We sound like we're complaining, (we are), but it's a sick love affair with the challenge of overcoming certain complex but simple obstacles that MV ownership gives us. It's a stress that we can't find anywhere else. It's a good stress that brings us to this site.

I think it's safe to say that most of us would buy more and more of these trucks and drive them all home. Then we'd take pictures of them and post them here at SS for all others to envy or make fun of.

It's weird.

Sometimes this illness can be relieved by a little :driver: or :beer: ... but NEVER at the same time!

KaiserM109

oifvet wrote:
I think it's safe to say that most of us would buy more and more of these trucks and drive them all home. Then we'd take pictures of them and post them here at SS for all others to envy or make fun of.
Absolutely!

But, it is good to understand what you are getting into. If you have experience with old iron, whether it is with Jeeps, Fords, etc, you should be able to handle whatever comes up. If, on the other hand, you are new to pulling wrenches on your own equipment, having it hauled might be a good idea. Learning for the first time how to improvise in the middle of an interstate highway would not be a great idea. Panicking when I lost my brakes would have been very expensive!

You also need to understand that owning OD iron means that you need a good tool set. That might mean, as in my case, that you start buying wrenches that are too big to fit into your old tool box. These OD trucks are definitely the next step up!

I would not hesitate to schedule another recovery trip again. However, I would take ear protection this time!