• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about picking up mep802a with trailer from GP.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also from Harbor Freight are these inexpensive pigtails. I bought a bunch of them and crimped some 14ga butt-connectors on the end of the wires. They fit directly over the top of the round pins in the military connector. Then remove the 24v bulbs from the taillight/brake lights and go down to NAPA to buy some 12v 1157 View attachment 862634View attachment 862635bulbs. I can’t remember what pins are the corresponding ones for the tail and turn/brake lights. There’s also a ground wire in that connector somewhere. Not hard to figure out.
Do you have a pinout for the military trailer plug? Did you try with the 24 volt bulbs? I think they would work just dimmer.

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!
Do you have a pinout for the military trailer plug? Did you try with the 24 volt bulbs? I think they would work just dimmer.
I don’t have the pin-out for that connector. But I simply used a spare 12v battery on the tongue with a jumper wire to locate the corresponding pins. Grounded the battery to the chassis. The ground pin on the trailer will give a good spark when you touch it with the jumper wite😅 Yes, the 24v bulbs work, just dimmer.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you! Now to bid on another and another.
Can't have to many!! You happen to notice the date code on the tires? Mine are from 2009 and look new but worried they might give out...be a slight comparison since you went so far...the guys yard in Chambersburg Pa told me a bunch try to tow home but the tires don't make it...I trailered mine because of that!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Can't have to many!! You happen to notice the date code on the tires? Mine are from 2009 and look new but worried they might give out...be a slight comparison since you went so far...the guys yard in Chambersburg Pa told me a bunch try to tow home but the tires don't make it...I trailered mine because of that!
I guess those guys on the yard see everything - and all kinds of people too...

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess those guys on the yard see everything - and all kinds of people too...
For the years I've been picking up stuff there they are always top notch...I know them pretty well and they have always helped me get my stuff loaded up right...the story is from a few buyers from Md tried to pull them home and barely made it to the Mason line...apparently they called customer service and complained about the tires giving out...I bought a different trailer than theirs but from the same lot.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My tires were from 2009 as well but looked brand new as well. No cracking. Not like my 2003 M1123. I did drive 60 the whole way home. Was not going to push it. I think since it was freezing the tires didn't get a chance to heat up to blow!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
making sure the tires are inflated properly will go a long ways towards keeping them from failing. Even overinflated is a LOT better than underinflated as the tire will flex less, producing less heat and less stress in the sidewalls

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My tires were from 2009 as well but looked brand new as well. No cracking. Not like my 2003 M1123. I did drive 60 the whole way home. Was not going to push it. I think since it was freezing the tires didn't get a chance to heat up to blow!
Nice! Good year to have then! I'm only 45 minutes away from the pick up location which is good and bad...I won't stop buying random stuff!!

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
making sure the tires are inflated properly will go a long ways towards keeping them from failing. Even overinflated is a LOT better than underinflated as the tire will flex less, producing less heat and less stress in the sidewalls
Govplanet guys are always cool with helping fill up tires and anything they can help with. I was even offered to drive a 8x8 when I picked up my mep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks