• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about tires.

Ray82470

I have a question about the tires on a duece. I was in the 82ND Airborne in the late 80's-early 90's. I would have bet my life that the dueces in my unit had 6 large tires instead of the duals. I have not seen any on here. Have I been hit on the head too many times or is there some deuces out there with 6 wheels only? Thanks.

jasonjc

I was at Bragg in the mid 90's And don't rember any A3's. But I do remember some deuce's with the 11:00R20. They were in a med unit. There were a lot of 5 ton M939's there with singles. But I did not look at every truck there.

Ray82470

OK thanks for letting me know I was not going crazy. Our 5 tons had the single wheel also. I sure wish I had paid more attention then, but I was not in the motor pool so I only saw them when we had to transport supplies and or soldiers.:beer:

Jimma

One of mine that is pictured in my album on here was singled out by the Georgia National Guard - as a medical detachment truck and has 11x20 michellins. Its faster, runs smoother and is a joy to drive.