• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about where to post some old photos

dependable

Hi, I came across a collection of WW2 pictures my dad collected when he was a kid during the war. Most of these are official govt PR sort of pictures he either bought or sent away for, as opposed to actual historic photos (unless you count ship launchings). There are lots of pictures of ships, quite a few of planes, and about 30 sort of mini posters of vehicles, mostly tanks, some half tracks and specialty trucks.

I was thinking I might share the vehicle pictures on this site, but not sure where to put them, what would be best forum. All are WW2, but some are armor, some not. Attached is one of the pictures. Assume they might be of interest.

I have these all scanned into a desktop folder. Is it possible to download them all at once?

Attachments

Last edited:

dependable

Don't think I have access to that.

These are just govt issued pics of mostly tanks & half tracks in training or testing stateside. Might not even be interesting, but current situation has me less employed than normal, so wasting time.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought I'd search "pictures" and come up with a link in the various forums for you with no luck. There is an 'unofficial G749 picture thread" if you find any of those. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/the-unofficial-g749-picture-thread.58040/

There isn't an ideal spot but Members Rides is accessible to most. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/forums/members-rides.41/

Your pictures are likely the best pictures because folks could find their own truck in old photos. I'll add some random shots we're uncovering as the days roll on. "Random old Steel and Aluminum Soldier Pictures"

Northern Canada

P2200805.JPG

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you would be good putting them in the "Conversations" Forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks