• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question: Drive shaft yoke needed

My neighbor needs had a drive shaft problem in his M1009 and needs
to replace his front yoke on his rear driveshaft. I'm trying to help him out. What would the commercial part be or if a surplus dealer has one where should I look?

any help appreciated!

camogriz

I went to the junkyard to replace the front yoke of the rear driveshaft on my M1009. I purchased a used 32 spline yoke (it came with a used driveshaft from a 98 Tahoe) for $75. I added a new u-joint for the yoke and never looked back. Unfortunately the used driveshaft is the wrong length, so I can't use it as a spare. I had to go this route because the only driveshaft shop in the area told me they couldn't get me a new yoke due to the age of the part.

Milkman357

Used..

I've used those used Slip Joints before..

I sure would look to find a replacement..(slip Yoke)

My slip yoke went bad.... less than 1 year after a shop rebuilt the driveshaft..

took out the Transfer case...

Lucky for me I had a buddy, with a spare.... (Thanks Robert!)

I thought I've read that you can get one made by SPICER... ??

any help ??

Skinny

Should be a standard Spicer driveline part anu driveshaft shop can get. I personally use Tom Woods or call Jesse at High Angle Driveline. Both of them have knockout service and are great guys to deal with. Most guys on Pirate4x4, ColoradoK5, and other forums use them.

If you want used, pretty much every 1/2 ton GM should have one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks