• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question for cold weather starting

Carlo

I am not a big fan of ether, but I use it. I just give my trucks barely a sniff through the air intake (has to travel through the air filter). The trucks turn over a few times and then light off...but not too fast like one might expect with ether. As I said, I give them a sniff only. In my opinion, since I don't have power near the trucks for a block heater, this is better than cranking on them multiple times in cold weather, which is tough on the motor, starter, and batteries. With that said, I NEVER start my trucks unless I need to drive or move the trucks. I read on here quite often where guys just want to start their trucks in the cold weather...just to see them running. I understand that...it is cool to have your truck running while standing next to it, but starting a truck in cold weather is tough on it (unless you have it plugged in, which I recognize is the reason for this thread).
I agree with you 100% I dont have power out lets close to my trucks. Many get started 3 times a year at best. I remove the batteries when I can or at least remove one cable.
Nice Oshkosh!