• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on bellhousings

spicergear

Does the short bellhousing on the 6052 and 6053's have the same SAE round bolt pattern as the short bellhousing on the 3052 and 3053's? A guy I know is wanting to pull a blown R6602 out and put in a very strong running 465'whistler' multifuel into his 5 ton truck. I'm afraid it will take him a long while to get around to it. I'm thinking of offering to swap them and in return, I'll keep the 'parts truck' deuce the whistler is out of. I *think* they're the same pattern, but would like to know for sure. Thanks!!!

spicergear

Okay...if, let's say, the 3053 has the #3, then my CAT has a #2 because it was just a little larger pattern. I did a drawing on AutoCad of the different SAE patterns and plotted it out 1:1 scale. I took that and layed it over the stock adapter plated and center punched the #2 pattern then drilled it and did what I had to. That's how I got my CAT to bolt right in. I did, however, have to grind small indentations into the 3053's bell to give clearance to the bell bolts going into the CAT. No problem, just a little grinding and used socket head bolts. I'll get a pic!!! You can see (a little) the redrilled pattern and ground bell indents. Yeah,yeah...I don't want to hear it about the RTV on the exhaust clamp! :)