• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question on deuce bob

Fccunningham

Im new at this. i'm doing my first bob using a trailer for a bed and springs. What are the best ways you have seen the axle attached to the spring pack? I am trying to use all of the parts that I have, not wanting to buy any more than I have to. I know I will have to buy new u-bolts. Have any of you seen a setup using the overloads with the nuts on the top of the spring, like the way they were on the trailer.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy:cookoo:.

I used mounts on my bobber that I bought from Memphis Equipment....and they were real proud of them.

You can have U-bolts made if you have a Fleet Pride type store that does springs near you.

There a a lot of threads on here concening bobbing deuces......search is your friend.

Fccunningham

Thanks for the welcome! I'm doing this one for a friend of mine, I should have never taken the job cause I think I need one for my self. Pretty amazing old trucks!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I should have never taken the job cause I think I need one for my self.
Ohhhhh.......you'd like to stop with one.....but you can't....there's always another bigger or better MV out there......hundreds....thousands.....GL has yards full of them.......first one....then another....and another....IT NEVER ENDS.....THE VOICES KEEP TELLING ME TO BUY MORE....MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......but......I can stop anytime I want to.

Yea.....I'll sell them all.....pay the mortgage....send the kids to college.....pay off the credit cards......NOT!!!!!

SOMEBODY SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!!!!!!!!:cookoo::cookoo:

davidkroberts

we had new u-bolts made using the stock mounts from the front end of a donor vehicle. Most military equipment parts guys sell the spring mounts. If you have the springs already then you are going to need the axle mount and spring mounts to the frame. If you use the frame mounts from the trailer you are going to be 2" shorter than the front. Its an easy conversion the worst part is burning out the rivets. I dont know of an easy way of doing it. Grinder and a torch is how we did it and there has to be an easier way than that.

Fccunningham

I torch off the heads and then torch though the rivet, gotta be careful though. I'm trying to find a way to not use any more than what I got, I'll probably fab up some pads. I think it would be cool to reuse the toplink too.