• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on GL Bid procedure

renovate7

Does an auction end at the specific time like Ebay, where you may want to put in a bid right at the end. Or is it like Gunbroker where each bid extends the closing time by 15 mins. If you bid to the max you are willing to pay will it only bid enough to top the current bid or does it go to your max? Trying to buy an M35 in the next few days. I can either drive it the 160 miles home or pay 1k for shipping. Ad says it runs. No inspection allowed.

poppop

The auction only ends at the disclosed time if no bids are recieved in the last fifteen minutes. Every time a new bid is put in it exteends the time. I have seen some run well into an hour overtime.

ah1955

They use a 15 min. rule from last bid so a last min. run on alot will extend the closing time.
Your max. bid is auto bidded, the amount depends on how high the total is I think it starts at 10.00 incrments then goes up at different points as the price increases.
Read the whole GL contract they lay it out pretty plain.

papercu

bids

It will extend anytime a bid is entered in the last 15 or 20 minutes.
Best thing to do is know your final bid, wait till the last 15 minutes place your max bid then sign out and check the next day.
Don't get sucked into a bidding war. I have seen some last till the next day. Wayne

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: bids

Yeah, it is real frustrating. I will place my highest bid 20min before the auction ends, then watch the Aholes who bid at the last min thinking they are going to get it. I wish I had the discipline to not watch it end, but I don't.