• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question on my air dryer on 93 harsco bmy m925?? stuck valve or leaking seal??

hokie8358

I just noticed on my 93 Harsco m925 cargo truck, that the rear air dryer was making a strange purging sound. after it reached 120 psi, and pop off valve blew down. started making a sound as if it was a compressor running. after that I climbed in cab and had a low air alarm and noticed secondary tanks down to 58 psi. I immediately climbed under truck toward rear axles and noticed just a slight few drips of water and a small continuous amount of air steadily leaking by. so I held my hand over opening and wow!! it sealed back!! no more leak. decided to take it down the road for a test run. once pressure was up to 120, it blew off again!!! whata ya know, leak was back!! same sound as before and low air again on secondary tank. truck has 6800 miles and I ve put 950 on it in last 4 months. with no issues! is this dryer need replacing or is it something I can fix or part to replace!!! when I blow down my tank valves, I never have any moisture come out. please someone let me know!!!! lol!! my first dance with this issue!! so kinda in the dark!! thanks

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the purge valve off and clean it, grease it and put it back together. Including gathering tools, maybe a half hour job. Mine has been fine since I did that. No sense spending a bunch of bucks without trying the free and easy first.....

helomech

I pulled the bottom part of held in by three screws. Then I removed the C clip that holds in the valve. After that pull the valve out with pliers (it is not easy). Then I removed the screw, cleaned it up, put locktite on the screw and tightened it up real good. You can't tighten that screw until it is removed from the dryer. It just spins inside, you need to take it out to hold the backside from spinning. Mine seems to be doing great now, but will take a little road trip tomorrow to make sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks