• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question on the (12 bolt) 8-lug rims?

tatra813

Do hummer wheels not use weights like normal tires. Im getting a 12 bolt setup for my h1 hummer and getting some hummvee rims but they have rock rings welded on them , I was wandering how the weights would go on to balance them??

Thanks for any input

TedG

Factory balanced hmmwv radials have weights on the back side of the rim (hub side) and are stuck to the rim. Hard to explain, see picture. They are they grey things in the 10-11 o'clock position.

Attachments

allrevup

Factory balanced hmmwv radials have weights on the back side of the rim (hub side) and are stuck to the rim. Hard to explain, see picture. They are they grey things in the 10-11 o'clock position.

They are glued to the inside the wheel near the center and are made by 3M's, as in Scotch tape 3M's. Maybe other companys as well

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Military does not and has not used the Centering washers, the Civy Shop manual shows them for the H1. My Civy manual is 1995. The Centering washers were used on Early Civy 12 bolt rims, most likely to get them as true as possible, I have NEVER seen on any Mil HMMWV since I started driving them
in 85. I have a set up 12 bolts rims with Radial GSA's and they have the centering washers, those rims and tires came of a 95 Hummer I had.

I have all my 12 bolt rims with MT's static balanced and the Weights installed on the inside of the Rim. Many many times I had the Lead weight torn off while off roading in Rock and loose soil, Makes for a **** of a ride home when ur missing an ounce of lead.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first HMMWV I bought at the manhiem auction in 1999 had 12 bolts. One with the centering washers. Your mileage may vary.